Executive Administrator/Administrative Assistant/Project Management Assistant
To apply to this job position, please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a young and dynamic full-service digital marketing agency based in Montreal, Vancouver and Manila. We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Business Administrator to provide ongoing administrative, communications and project management support
to our team. This position requires a high degree of creativity, energy and intelligence.
This is a great entry level position with ample opportunities for professional growth and development. You will receive exposure to many areas in the company such as: Marketing, Trend Analysis, Finance, Human Resources, Operations Support, Planning and Purchasing. Duties will require effective communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with people from different backgrounds and at different levels within the company. This position requires experience in various administrative functions in an office as well as business skills to work with the team in setting up, executing and closing out projects.
The main goal of this role is to maximize efficiency, reduce costs and drive growth to positively impact our customers and employees. The ideal candidate should possess a mix of math, technical and communication skills, as this role involves managing every aspect of the business. Experience in accounting, counseling, marketing, sales, finance, and human resource preferred. Must have great organizational and prioritization skills. The successful applicant will be adept at collaborating with different areas within the company. We’re growing rapidly and have big goals for the future, so we’re looking for someone who’s ready to meet the challenges of the job and enable us to enjoy sustainable success. Love of marketing and agency life is essential!
- Provide general administrative and secretarial support:
- Prepare pre-contract documents (e.g. scope of work, price proposals)
- Prepare itineraries, meeting agendas, and expense reports.
- Manage the filing, storage and security of documents.
- Coordinate and schedule events, conferences, meetings, travel, conference rooms, and luncheons.
- Conduct web-based research as required; review and synthesize information.
- Provide customer service and communications support
- Prepare client invoices, review contracts and facilitate contract documents
- Provide supplier/vendor management support:
- Manage office supplies, office errands, sponsor gifts, and reorders.
- Prepare subcontract agreements (using corporate templates)
- Prepare and format documents electronically including correspondence, memos, promotional materials, forms, newsletters, manuals, presentations, reports and other related documents by using appropriate software like Adobe InDesign, MS Word and MS Excel and MS PowerPoint. Perform basic statistical calculations on data for reports and presentations.
- Evaluate budget proposals and manage purchases and expenses
- Preparing financial data
- Work with finance and accounting team
- Managing budgets
- Accounts Receivables
- Organize receipts and expenses for reimbursement.
- Attend, participate, and represent the company, as needed, in meetings
- Networking with industry peers, competitors and prospective clients.
- Foster a welcoming and productive atmosphere for employees and visitors.
- Communicate with staff regularly to handle problems, identify new opportunities and build trust and transparency, mediating staff issues
- Assess employee performance and provide ongoing training and development programs
- Maintaining professionalism in the workplace
- Being a role model, motivating staff
- Assisting with interviewing and hiring staff
- Assist new employees with onboarding tasks; orientation, development, and training and recordkeeping;
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, resources and health reporting; and assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the office.
- Suggest improvements to policies and procedures
- Track projects and ensure processes are being followed
- Oversee quality assurance on creative and website projects
- Organize and coordinate project information and requirements
- Excellent math and computer skills
- Detailed planning and time-management skills
- Previous experience in administration
- Associates degree or higher in administration, accounting or related field
- Strong customer service skills
- Highly analytical
- Strong, flexible, and creative problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail – can communicate with all levels
- Good organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize work and meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Warmth, friendliness, and flexibility to adapt to changing needs and priorities are essential.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, and adept problem-solver.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with staff and external constituents
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and exceptional writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting skills required.
- Proficient in French and English, spoken and written
- Thrives on advancing skills and knowledge and seeks out opportunities for self-learning.
- Valid Driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Prioritization skills
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Confidence and attentiveness
- Networking and research
- Organizational skills
- Diversity skills
- Collaborative and objective
- Negotiating and decision making
- Detail, goal and quality oriented
- Listening and communication
- Motivated, innovative and creative
- Supervisory and managerial skills
- Planning and forecasting
- Positive and realistic attitude